Introducing one’s company:
LES USAGES À RESPECTER:
• Often we use «us», «we» or «our» when referring to the company we work for ; this makes the company seem more personable.
• Avoid using internal company jargon and acronyms when relaying general company information to external listeners.
QUELQUES RÈGLES DE BON ANGLAIS:
The gerund form The gerund (verb + ing) is usually introduced by the following expressions.
1) «To be involved in».
– My company is involved in manufacturing and distributing plastic pumps.
2) «To include».
– Our main activities include buying raw materials and assembling the components.
3) To consist of / in.
– The company’s main task consists of / in producing high quality dispensing systems. The present simple and present passive They are the most suitable tenses to use when presenting general facts and information.
1) Present simple.
– We have factories all over the world.
– We buy our raw materials from China.
– We produce glass bottles.
2) Present passive (to be + past participle).
– The company is called Jones Manufacturing.
– It’s based in Houston, Texas.
- 5,000 people are employed in the company.
Talking about the company :
▪ The Company’s facility is located in a highly industrialized/residential area close to… .
▪ The Company employs 200 staff, among them 25 are part-time employed / have part-time jobs.
▪ The unit where I worked specializes in
– developing software packages
– designing new computer hardware/equipment
– developing new computer technology, etc.
▪ The company has connections/branches nationwide/worldwide.
▪ Every year, the company recruits a certain number of trainees to help students to get / acquire a larger professionnal experience, but also to take advantage of new talents and to maintain/keep a close contact/link with the world of education / the educational community.
Suggestion de présentation
|Présentation de l’entreprise Introducing one’s company|
|Company Profile (historique)|
|Values / Corporate Culture|
|Strengths / Weaknesses|
|Line of products / services|
|Location of factories/ production sites|
|Media / Communication|
|Global reach / worldwide projects|